Today is our 17th Wedding Anniversary! Unfortunately, we aren't able to be together this year. We've been apart for 3 weeks already, and I can't wait to see him in less than two weeks! Thankfully, we've been able to talk every day, and FaceTime a lot!
The kids and I were so happy to be heading up to Clifton Park (outside of Albany) for a quick weekend getaway though. Joe's brother Billy and his wife Gloria live in a beautiful town in Upstate New York and they called earlier in the week to see if we'd like to come up to visit and escape the city. We quickly got some tickets on Amtrak and left Saturday morning.
It was a beautiful 2 1/2 hour ride along the Hudson River.
Bill and Gloria picked us up in Albany. I was astounded by the lush greenery in the area, especially near the highway. Their neighborhood is so pretty, and I love pulling up to their house.

The last time we were here, the kids had a great time exploring the woods and creek behind their house. It was winter time then, so there were no leaves on the trees. It looked so different this time, and they couldn't wait to get exploring!
They spent hours running around in the woods and finding their way around, jumping over the creek and climbing on the logs.
We enjoyed a delicious dinner of BBQ chicken, zucchini, baked beans, and the best tomato salad I've ever had. Then, they surprised me with a Chocolate Bomb Cake to celebrate my anniversary. Thankfully, we were able to FaceTime with Joe, so even though he couldn't be there with us in person, we were all able to chat and "visit."
I was so happy that Michelle drove in from Massachusetts to see us, and "little" Billy, Lisa and Louie came over also. It was so fun to have this group together!
Even though Joe and I couldn't be together, it was nice to be with his family, and reminisce about our wedding 17 years ago.
We had a relaxing Sunday morning, and then the kids decided to go back into the woods for some more exploring. After spraying them with bug repellant, off they went. This time, they didn't take the camera, but they had a blast exploring and jumping in the creek. Zoe dared Cooper to jump over a wide part and land on a log. Unfortunately, the log snapped and he fell in! They came back a bit wet, with some muddy shoes, but they had a blast.
It was sunny, hot and humid, so they were ready to jump back in the pool.
We also spent a lot of time playing with Michele's new dog, Penny. She's a feisty rescue dog, but was oh so sweet with the kids!
We got packed up and ready to go for our train ride home. We hated to say goodbye after such a quick visit. It was such a relaxing weekend, and nice to be away from the hustle and bustle of the city though.
We had a smooth and relaxing train ride back.
When we got back to the apartment, I had a beautiful flower arrangement waiting for me.
Joe had sent flowers for our anniversary! What a sweet and thoughtful man I married. It wasn't easy being apart, but I am so thankful for him and the 17 years we have managed to go through together! With all the ups and downs, I am blessed to have him beside me every step of the way.

























0 comments:
Post a Comment