Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Mother/Son Time

Cooper and I headed to Central Park this morning. It was a beautiful morning and I was looking forward to spending some one on one time together. 


 We decided to rent some bikes at the boathouse. We picked up our cruisers and off we went.


I thought it would be a nice mellow, flat ride through the park. I was wrong...there were a lot more hills than I expected! I wished we had rented the 21 speed bikes instead of the cruisers, but we had a great time!
 Cooper did fantastic though...and was very patient when I needed to stop for a break! He took his helmet off to try to cool down. We were both extremely hot, and still not quite used to this humidity.
 We rode the 7 mile loop around the park, and saw some beautiful sites.

 We dropped off our bikes, and walked back through the center of the park back to the apartment.

 We made some yummy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and rested our legs. We took a walk to the drugstore, picked up a delicious Jacque Torres cookie to share, and headed back home for a relaxing afternoon.


0 comments: