This morning, while Zoe and I were walking to the studio, we were following a lady who I could tell was a ballerina. I looked at her legs, and the way she walked, and just knew. As we got closer, I realized that it was Julie Kent, the ABT principal ballerina that we just saw in Swan Lake. I was completely starstruck, and told Zoe. She couldn't believe it either. I wanted to say something, but was completely tongue tied, and then she started talking to one of the directors as they walked into the studio. I'm not allowed in the building, so I said goodbye to Zoe and in she went. I was so bummed we didn't get the chance for a picture or an autograph! Zoe later found out that she was there teaching one of the older classes. I hope she gets another chance to meet her, but what a thrill to see her!
I jumped on the subway after leaving Zoe and headed to the Upper East side. I stopped back in to Laduree to surprise Zoe with a couple more macaroons after dance. She loves them. I love the buildings in the Upper East Side. I can't imagine living there...what a fantastic place.
It was warm, and humid, but beautiful!
I picked up some delicious Biscotti gelato...
I made it home to the Upper West Side. I just can't get over how pretty the tree lined streets are...
After being home for a while, I headed back out to Herald Square. I wanted to check out the Macy's...the largest in the world!
It was all decked out in the American theme, and was full of shoppers!
I loved the old wooden escalators, and the old style in parts the store...
After leaving Macy's, I walked 15 blocks down Broadway to go get Zoe. I saw the Empire State Building...
and I love all of the small gathering park areas in the middle of the streets and buildings...
I picked up Zoe and we headed home for dinner. In the evening, we took a stroll around the corner. I am happy to have Magnolia Bakery so close. Their banana pudding is delicious!
Zoe found herself a coconut smoothie with boba (tapioca balls) at a local Chinese restaurant and said it's even better than the ones at home.
Another good day...now time for bed!















0 comments:
Post a Comment