What a bittersweet day! It was the official promotion day for the fifth grade class of 2013. I truly can't believe that my days of having elementary school kids are over. Cooper is very excited and ready to move on to middle school. I am only excited that I will have both of them on the same schedule again!
I sure love this kid! Zoe was a supportive sister this morning, and made a "sacrifice" by missing school to attend Cooper's ceremony.
Mr. McTasney started off with an emotional speech. He started as principal of our school when these kids were in Kindergarten, so he has been there to see them all the way through. It got me a bit choked up too!
The kids sang a few songs throughout the program.
Cooper was awarded with the Presidential Academic Excellence Award for being on the honor roll for the last 2 years. We are so proud of you Cooper!
He was then called up, along with his classmates, for their official promotion. I got a bit teary watching my little guy up there!
Mimi and Gramps came down too!
We are sure going to miss this lady! She's been wonderful to Cooper.
![]() | |
| (Westin, Lorien, Cooper...these 3 have been together since preschool!!) |
![]() |
| (Jake, Coop, Nicholas) |
![]() |
| (Silly boys!) |
![]() |
| (Allison and Cooper) |
Although Cooper got his phone already, Mimi and Gramps gave his some gift cards to Subway and Starbucks (his favorites) and a new t-shirt.
Zoe got a "Schools Out" card with a Starbucks card of her own. I see a few mocha's in her future this summer!
I wasn't sure what to get Cooper for his promotion, since he's kind of a hard kid to shop for. I finally settled on something I hoped he would love.
Inside his card were tickets to a Yankee game for when we're in New York. We can't wait!
Then we headed out to Souplantation for an early lunch before Mimi and Gramps had to leave.
Cooper filled his belly and created his own brownie sundae for dessert.
We are so proud of you Cooper! We can't wait to celebrate your last day of school tomorrow and see what a success you will be in middle school.




























0 comments:
Post a Comment