Zoe had to be at the studio at 8:30 this morning to get her class schedule. She had a full day of classes from 9-5:15. After leaving her, I decided to take the subway to Brooklyn. The Botanic Garden is free on Tuesdays, so I thought it was the perfect time to go! We had been packed like sardines on the subway early this morning. Thankfully, the long ride to Brooklyn was a lot less crowded. It was neat to ride over the Brooklyn Bridge. When I got off at Prospect Park, it wasn't in the best neighborhood though, so I was a little anxious. I quickly crossed the street and entered the garden.
I loved the beautiful rose garden where there were hundreds of varieties of roses.
The Japanese pond and garden...
The pathways throughout the 52 acres were tranquil and well taken care of. It was relaxing just to walk through them and enjoy the scenery.
I left the Botanic Garden and headed back to Manhattan. I crossed another sweet treat place off my list when I found the Doughnut Plant. These were seriously some of the best doughnuts ever!
One of the fun things about the city is that there is always something going on wherever you go. Today in Union Square the History Channel set up a Cross Country BBQ with food, games, and drinks.
I decided to head home for the afternoon to rest a little and do some computer work before picking up Zoe. She was exhausted after her very long day and was craving pizza...again! This time, we headed to a nicer place called Patsy's Pizzaria and sat and enjoyed our traditional NY pizza while talking about her day.
Zoe started her day with Yoga, moved on to Ballet Technique, a muscle anatomy lecture, character dancing, and jazz/musical theater. It was a long day, but lots of fun!


















1 comments:
Looks like you are having a great trip!
Post a Comment