We have been walking to school (almost every day) for the last 6 years. I can vividly remember walking Zoe to her first day of kindergarten. She was so excited to put on her princess backpack and walk to her classroom.
Today is the last day we will be walking to school together. Next year begins the new schedule of driving to the middle school, so today we enjoyed our morning walk, this time with Cooper by her side.
The morning started with the last Friday Flag Salute assembly of the year. Cooper and Zoe were both awarded with perfect attendance for the 3rd trimester.

Next, Zoe was awarded the honor roll once again for her awesome grades.
Then she got to take her step forward for earning all 5's on her report card for this trimester.
Finally, she was recognized for earning all 5's all year for 5th grade.
In years past, they have also recognized the students who achieved all 5's for their 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade years. This year the teachers decided not to, so Zoe was a bit disappointed because she was one of only a handful of kids to accomplish this great achievement, and was looking forward to taking one more big step. We are still very proud! She also received a trophy for her chorus participation this year.
We also got to find out who the school spirit spy was this year...
Mrs. Newman fooled us all and put on a great show!
At the end of the last assembly, it is tradition for the outgoing 5th graders to run through the staff tunnel. Again, I teared up just seeing all these kids running through and saying goodbye to everyone.

While Zoe went back to class for movie and popcorn day, I got to spend a little more time with Cooper while helping out with the 3rd grade pizza lunch. Cooper has had his own fun week of activities, doing field day (which was mostly indoors due to the wet weather), movie day, game day, a frozen yogurt library party, a Native American presentation, and more. He was happy to have one more "fun" day.
Cooper has had such a great year also. He has enjoyed his classmates and adored his teacher. I think he was feeling a bit sad that the year was over. If they gave out honor roll for 3rd grade, he also would've made it. He has worked so hard, and had an awesome report card!
At the end of the day, it was time to say goodbye to everyone. Zoe gave one last goodbye to Mrs. Underwood.
So, the school year is over, and I now have a 4th and 6th grader. I still can't quite believe it. As sad as it was for Zoe to say goodbye, I think we are all looking forward to a relaxing and fun summer. I'm hoping for lots of rest, beach days, pool time, book reading and home organizing!
I always to try to surprise the kids with something fun when they come home on the last day of school, and this year it was silly string. They had a blast!
Let the silly string war begin!





It was warm outside, so time to jump in the pool to cool off before dance and our celebration dinner.

Happy Summer!!!
Friday, May 27, 2011
Last Day...
Created by Wendy at 5/27/2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment