I honestly can't believe this day is here. I can't believe my "baby" girl is promoting from 5th grade and moving on to middle school. There is such a mix of emotions...I am so sad that her days at elementary school are done, but also so excited about her accomplishments and her future. I think Zoe is feeling the same mix of emotions, but as usual, she had a smile on her face and was joyful about her day!
The entire 5th grade class wore their 2011 t-shirts, which has each of their signatures on it. That, and a little concealer for the black eye, and Zoe was ready to go.
Cooper was a supportive brother this morning! There is so much love between these two...
We arrived at school and were ready for the ceremony.
Waiting for the ceremony to begin...these girls are so sweet!
Mr. McTasney gave a beautiful, encouraging, and heartwarming graduation speech. This is the first graduating class from the kindergarten opening of Tony Tobin, so it is pretty special for everyone.
The classes sang several songs throughout the ceremony, my favorite being "Kindergarten Wall." It certainly made me tear up.
Zoe was awarded the Presidential Academic Achievement Award for earning Honor Roll for 4th and 5th grade. What an achievement!

Each person was called up by their teacher for their official promotion, followed by a handshake from Mr. McTasney.

Mrs. Underwood's 5th grade Class of 2011...

After the ceremony, we headed to the multi-purpose room for some refreshments, and to collect Zoe's certificates. We were so glad that Mimi and Gramps came down for the ceremony!
I didn't have much eye makeup left on due to my tears, but I was so happy to be celebrating my girl.
Zoe opened up a beautiful diamond necklace from my parents, and then we headed out to eat.
Zoe followed up her lunch with a delicious piece of red velvet cake!
Congratulations on your amazing achievements during the last 6 years Zoe! We are so proud of the young lady you are becoming, and we love you so much!
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Class of 2011
Created by Wendy at 5/26/2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment