Tuesday, July 15, 2014

NYC, Day 5...

While Zoe was at dance, I headed to the Upper East Side to go to the Guggenheim Museum. I was finally starting to feel better!

 The building itself was amazing. There was a special exhibit on Italian Futurism, which isn't really my interest, but I liked walking around the building and seeing the art pieces.
 I love some of the old buildings in this area...
 I headed to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, my all time favorite.
 Since I was on my own, I took my time looking at the art, mostly late 19th century European.
Monet...
 Degas...
 It was a nice day to wander through Central Park...


The dark clouds were coming in...
 I stopped at Dylan's to pick up some macarons for Zoe to enjoy later...
went to explore Bloomingdale's...
 (which just happened to have a Magnolia Bakery inside!)
 I visited Grace Church on the way back...

 After dance and dinner back in the apartment, we headed to Union Square to share a dessert at Max Brenner.
 The rain started coming down as we made our way home.

0 comments: