Saturday, July 19, 2014

NYC (and Philly!), Day 9...

We were up early to get to Penn Station. We jumped on the Amtrak to head to Philadelphia for the weekend. Mimi had wanted to take Coop and Jax on a vacation this summer while we were gone, and she decided to spend a few days with them at Hershey Park in Pennsylvania, and then a few days in Philly. I was thrilled to be meeting them there!

  I was so excited to get to see my boy after a long week apart! I couldn't wait to get my arms around him. Gramps was able to fly out for the weekend too. It was nice to get to see everyone!

We started out by driving outside of the city to Valley Forge. What a beautiful area.
 We read up on all of the history there and how Washington and his troops spent 6 months there during the war in the middle of winter.
There were many small "cabins" that housed the soldiers all over the valley.
 I loved the chapel there too.



After Valley Forge we headed back into downtown Philadelphia. We walked around for a while, and found a Shake Shack for lunch. According to Zoe, you can never have too much Shake Shack!

We found another old, beautiful church...

 I loved the old streets...
 We visited University of the Arts, which has a pretty well known dance program. I wasn't all that impressed though, and not sure I want Zoe in downtown Philly!

The City Hall building is gorgeous.

We couldn't pass up a visit to the LOVE park either...
 

Mimi found Elfreth's Alley, or what's known as the "oldest inhabited street in America". It was adorable.
Such a long, but fun day. I was so happy to be spending the day with my boy, all while exploring somewhere new.

0 comments: