Today was the 3rd Annual Tony Tobin Jog-A-Thon. It is a great way to raise money for our school and is always a fun day ! Cooper's class was in the first time slot of the day. Luckily the weather cooled down a bit, so we had a nice temperature and a great breeze! Cooper took off in a sprint and was having so much fun.
I decided to join him in the run, and made it through with a few water breaks and walking laps. It was a great time to spend with my little guy!
Cooper's class was called Hoadley's Speed Racers and they all did fantastic. Cooper made 37 laps! Their class total was 659! Wow! Those first graders are something!
The next hour was time for Zoe's class. My legs were so tired from running with Cooper, that when I tried to run with her I just couldn't keep up!
After waiting for her to slow down and get tired a bit, I stepped in and got to walk some laps with her.
Zoe's class was the Upshur Stars. They all did great too, although couldn't quite catch the 1st graders! Zoe ran 32 laps and the class total was 579!
Overall, what a wonderful day! I have to say though that I am thoroughly exhausted! After a busy week of many activities, projects, volunteering, planning, and working, I think it is time for a break!! When will that come? Only time will tell, but it doesn't look good anytime soon!
Friday, October 3, 2008
Trailblazer Jog-A-Thon
Created by Wendy at 10/03/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Thanks for your help today - I couldn't do it without you! It was a lot of fun...enjoy your weekend! Can't wait to read that post!
Post a Comment