Monday, October 6, 2008

Birthday Blessings

I turned 34 today and boy was it a nice day! I had so much fun and I ate a ton!!
Joe had given me a card that had two tickets to see Carrie Underwood in concert next month. I'm so excited. It's been a while since we've had a night out, so it should be a great night!

Well, my morning started out with the kids making me breakfast. Cooper wanted to make me frozen waffles and Zoe put it all on our family "Special Red Plate" and also gave me a bowl of cheerios. How sweet!
















I got an email from Chessa saying, don't eat too much and don't make plans, we're taking you out! So once I got to school I got a great gift from Jenny with tons of sweet treats... my favorite! Then Chessa and Teri surprised me by taking me to South Coast Winery for breakfast and the best banana creme pancakes ever...seriously, they were delicious! I also got a subscription to my favorite magazine (Real Simple), a Starbuck's gift card, and homemade cookies! (I am so impressed Teri)!



My next surprise was heading to the movie theatre to see Mama Mia. I had loved the play in Vegas, but really wanted to see the movie. Jenny caught up with us there. It is a very cute, girly musical, just a pleasant way to spend a couple hours. I could do without Pierce's solos though. That man is a much better actor than singer! One of the best parts though was the trailer of Twilight before the movie even started! I just can't wait!!





After our movie it wasn't quite time to pick up the kids yet so we stopped in at Rubios and got a plate of nachos to share while enjoying the beautiful weather outside.






Once school was out I got a few more birthday visitors and well wishes, then it was back to shuttling around to soccer and dance. We grabbed a quick dinner out at Marie Calendars on the way home. I was so stuffed from all the food and treats from the day, but of course I squeezed in a half of a piece of kahlua creme pie!
It was such a nice day and I felt very spoiled! I am truly blessed to have such a great family and the best friends a girl could ask for!!! Thank you for making my day so special and for making every day of the year so great!

2 comments:

Chessa said...

Yea! You ate a piece of yummy pie for me! Glad you had such a fun day....it was a nice treat for all of us!

Teri said...

That was a fun day. I think that is the most relaxing day we have had since the kids have gone back to school.