Friday, March 18, 2016

New York...here we come!

We were so excited to be heading to New York this weekend for Meghan and Max's wedding, even if it was only for a couple of days. Zoe, Cooper, and I met Mimi, Gramps, Cole and Jax at the airport for our flight to JFK.


It was so pretty to see the sunset over the clouds in the sky.
Our flight got in about midnight, so by the time we got our luggage, our rental car, and drove to the city, it was about 2am.
Our first view of the Empire State Building...I'm so happy I can hardly stand it!
Cole and I ready for a fun weekend!

Zoe was thrilled to be back in this city...it feels like our 2nd home!
Everyone was hungry from the long day of traveling, so we hit the streets to look for some food. Even in Times Square it wasn't that easy at 2:30am. We ended up at McDonalds for a quick bite before heading back to our hotel.
Zoe and I were up early and ready to hit the streets before everyone else. We knew we had limited time in the city and wanted to make the most of it and get to some of our favorite places. We jumped on the subway to our old stomping grounds in the Upper West Side. Our speculoos covered wafels never disappoint!
We walked around our old apartment building, Lincoln Center and Julliard...

We picked up some crepes for the boys (at Cooper's favorite crepe place)...
some banana pudding for Mimi at Magnolia Bakery...
and went straight to my favorite cookie shop on the planet.

We walked up and down the streets that we love so much before heading back to Times Square to pick up the rest of the family.
We took the subway to Space Market for some yummy bagels and walked over to Washington Square Park.
Then we walked over to visit NYU again. It's such an interesting campus, right in the center of the city. The Tisch School of the Arts is as good as it gets! We stopped in the bookstore to pick up a shirt and sweatshirt before heading on.
Zoe went with Mimi and Gramps in a taxi, while the boys and I walked up to Madison Square Park. We stopped along the way at old comic/memorabilia store for the boys.

I loved walking through the Farmers Market in Union Square. We had spent a lot of time here since it was so close to the ABT studios.
I couldn't help going into one of my favorite stores, Fishs Eddy. They had a whole set up for election year!
Jeff met us for a delicious lunch at Shake Shack.
It was pretty cold outside, but we just had to do it!
After lunch, Mimi, Zoe and I went to see An American in Paris on Broadway. The dancing was beautiful!
While we were at the show, Gramps, Jeff, and the boys went to the Discovery museum and saw the Body exhibit. Next on the agenda, Mimi and Gramps went to the 9/11 museum since it wasn't open the last time they were here. I told them it was a MUST SEE!

I took the kids and we explored more of the city.  They wanted to stop for a slice of NYC pizza.
We walked around the civic center...


They wrestled around, played and laughed a lot...
Zoe and could not resist a second visit at another location of our favorite wafel...this time with a scoop of speculoos ice cream on top. Two in one day...I'm truly in heaven!
I couldn't leave the city without a walk on the Brooklyn Bridge...or at least half of it!

My happy place!
We walked from there through Chinatown and into Little Italy, while the boys revisited their pole jumping days...
New wall art...
Dinner was delicious!

Afterwards, Mimi and Gramps took the boys back to the hotel. Cole walked with Zoe and I to SoHo for some Laduree macarons (her happy place!)
Cole stayed out to visit a few bars, and Zoe and I spent a little more time in Times Square before calling it a night. It was quite a day on only 3 1/2 hours of sleep!

0 comments: