Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mom's Day 2013

I had a wonderful Mother's Day filled with lots of love and family. I woke up to some precious homemade cards, and we enjoyed some french toast. Joe gave me my gift yesterday, and spent the entire day planting 16 new rose bushes for me to enjoy!

 I had told him a few weeks ago that I really wanted a rose garden, so he took it to heart and made it happen. I am so happy with them, and can't wait to see them grow and bloom!
 We headed to Newport for the day, and Jeff and Cathy were hosting a BBQ with lots of family.
 Zoe was happy to see that she is almost as tall as Mimi! I am so lucky to have this incredible mom. She has shown me every day how to be a good mom, and I am so thankful for her.

Jeff was a master of the grill today.
The kids spent some time watching scooter videos online, and then headed outside for some fun.
I got to spend lots of time with Cole today. I can't believe he will be a high school graduate next month!

After we ate, we headed to the bay for a couple of hours. The kids swam and jumped off the dock. They also took the kayaks out, but somehow I didn't get pictures of that.


 It was so relaxing to just hang out at the beach!

 I am so blessed to be the mom of these great kids!!!
 We finished up with some delicious desserts.
When we got home, the kids and I did some foot scrubs and lotion, and then they each gave me a back massage while we watched the Survivor finale. I felt very spoiled! I truly feel blessed, not only to have the mom that I do...who gives of herself endlessly and always makes us feel special, but also to be the mom of such incredible kids.

0 comments: