Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Final Open House

We had our last Open House tonight, and I loved seeing so many of the projects Cooper has done this year! I really can't believe that our years of Elementary school are coming to an end.

 Cooper did his self-portrait tear art project for their portfolio.
 It was filled with many of their Meet The Master art projects that they did throughout the year, as well as some of their other fun projects. Cooper claims that he doesn't do well at art, but I thought  these were quite good!

 They also did a class state-economy quilt. Cooper picked Oregon and learned about what makes their states prosperous.
 I love that they make their personal glyphs...
 The design of their glyphs represent themselves. For instance, the streaks in the hair means he's outgoing, the brown eyes represent math as his favorite subject, the bare feet means he loves the beach, etc.
 Mrs. Newman also had them fill out a paper on their goals for middle school.
 I loved this self portrait project. They had to draw themselves, and inside their glasses they had to draw something that they saw happening in their future.
 Cooper has a pretty lofty goal of playing in the NBA for the Clippers!
 We couldn't have asked for a better 5th grade teacher than Mrs. Newman. She has been wonderful for Cooper and he has had a fantastic year. They have learned a lot, and she is constantly encouraging him and praising his successes. There are only 3 weeks left and we will be enjoying every minute of it!


0 comments: