Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Fair Fun!

A couple of weeks ago, one of Joe's customers offered him free tickets for our family to the San Diego County Fair and to a concert. It's not very often that we get perks from Joe's job, so we happily took him up on his offer and picked a free night to head to the fair!

 We usually go to the OC Fair, so we had never been to the SD one before. It was fun to see the similarities and differences, and of course do some serious people watching!
 We did the virtual kayak ride from the Texas on Tour display.
 We were anxious to get some food. The kids kept to the safety of corn dogs. I had a GIANT roasted chicken sandwich, which was delicious. Joe and I ended up sharing it, and he munched on some fried zucchini and artichoke.
 The theme of the fair this year was Out of This World. They had a big display things from NASA, models of rockets, and some UFO information. Zoe and Cooper had fun on this balancing machine.

The kids only wanted to do a few rides, one of which was the giant ferris wheel. I was pretty nervous watching them up there since I don't really like carnival rides, but they loved it and said the views of the ocean from the top were awesome.
The also ended up in line with one of the members of the band Hot Chelle Rae, who we were seeing later in the evening.

Dessert time! Cooper and Joe decided on some milkshakes...Oreo, and Chocolate/Pineapple.
Zoe and I couldn't resist the crazy fair stuff, and got a fried snickers bar and a fried reeses peanut butter cup!! They were both delicious...it's a good thing I only come here once a year!
After all the walking, the boys treated themselves to the foot massages...
We spent a while walking through the botanical garden area where there were some beautiful flowers displayed!
I love walking through the vendor area and looking at all the new and strange products out there too. We also found some strange collections of things heading into the concert venue, and Cooper spotted this owl collection (his favorite animal), so we had to get a picture!
We had great center box seats for the Hot Chelle Rae concert. We watched the sun go down and they put on a great show.


It was a fun family day!

0 comments: