Saturday, June 16, 2012

20 Years!

How could I possibly have graduated from high school 20 years ago?! Sometimes it feels like a lifetime ago, and then it feels like it was just yesterday. My best group of friends from high school were all planning to hang out and go to the reunion together. Although we all try to see each other periodically, it had been 5 years since all 5 of us had been together. We also thought it would be fun to get some of our family members together also, so Kim hosted us all at her and her mom's house in Huntington.

Me, Shloe, Christy, Nori, Kim

 We had such a great afternoon catching up, laughing, eating, and reminiscing. It was fun for all the parents to catch up, and the kids to spend time together too. Shloe was our photographer for the day and got lots of great photos of everyone!


Me, Nori, Shloe



Jax came with us too!


We had a great spread of food!
Zoe ate lunch with Callie
Zoe loves Cora and Callie!
Shloe and I
J.B., Shloe, and Kay Lou
Roger had a +5 for the day!
Kris, Kim, Bev
Nori and I
Kim, Christy, Geri, and Gary
We spent time looking at our senior yearbook
The kids couldn't believe how we looked and the clothes we wore!!
Me and my girl
Zoe with her Godparents, Roger and Shloe
Me and my parents
 Once the parents and kids left, we got ready for our reunion. A champagne toast was necessary to start the evening and celebrate our 20+ years of friendship!

The reunion was held at Posch Restaurant in Irvine.
We had a great night catching up with old friends. I think reunions are a little different these days though since so many of us keep connected through Facebook, but it was still fun to see old faces and do a little catching up. Unfortunately, the club music was so loud it was hard to each other. My favorite part of the night was seeing my friend Devon. He was a good sport hanging out with us!

Overall, it was such a great weekend with my girlfriends! Between the kids birthdays and father's day, it didn't leave as much time as I would've liked to hang out, but I am glad we were able to squeeze it in. We even stayed up chatting until 3:00 in the morning! I am so thankful for these friends and hope we can all get together again soon.

0 comments: