Thursday, May 21, 2009

Open House

Tonight was Open House at the school. It is such a great time going into the kid's classrooms to take a look at all they have done this year. Since I actually spend quite a bit of time either working or volunteering in their classes, I didn't think it would be such a big deal. But I found myself pretty emotional when I was looking through all of their work, seeing all that they have accomplished.
We started the evening in Cooper's class (Room 22). He was our official safari Tour Guide! We began in the rain forest where the kids had done research on different animals along with some watercolor paintings.

(Cooper's All About Me writing and self portrait)

(Before and After Writing)
This is one of the things that got me the most emotional. Just seeing how far he has come this year, especially with his reading and writing, was a wonderful thing to see!


(Cooper and Mrs. Hoadley-truly one of the best teachers in the world...we adore her!)

Then it was off to Zoe's class (Room 36). She took us all around the class to show off all of her hard work this year. Zoe is such a responsible girl who takes her school work very seriously. I am so proud of how hard she works!
(Zoe at her desk, which she proudly keeps very neat and organized!)

(Showing off their animal research...Zoe did a gorilla)

(They spent a lot of time this spring studying Temecula history. Zoe's poster project is at the top)


(Zoe and Miss Upshur...they sure have a lot of fun together!)

0 comments: