Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day...

I love Mother's Day! Not that I don't already know it, but it reminds me just how blessed I am. I am blessed to have the mom that I do, and I'm blessed to have the kids I was given.

I woke up to breakfast in bed this morning! Joe and the kids made me chocolate chip pancakes and scrambled eggs...yummy! I was given the special plate on a tray with rose petals. The kids and dogs even joined me in bed.
Cooper gave me a gift of a paper flower arrangement he made at school, along with a Mother poem. It said:
M-y mom
O-wesome (so he needs to work on the spelling a bit!)
T-he best
H-eart
E-xcellent
R-adical

Zoe gave me a coupon book with lots of fun things. The one I'm most looking forward to is an uninterrupted bubble bath! She also made a book for me.
It said:
The important thing about my mom is that she takes care of me. She does about everything and does not care if it is sill or not, she does it. She always feeds me and makes sure I am safe.
It is true that she has a big heart. She is always there when I need her. When I am sad or disappointed my mom cheers me up and makes me happy. When I need her help she always comes right over to help me.
Whenever I am bored and do not know what to do my mom plays with me until I am so tired I feel like I will fall asleep and never wake up. Then when I want to ride my bike she takes me for a bike ride.
But the most important thing about my mom is that she loves me with all my heart and would never ever trade me for anything. She is the best mom in the whole world and I don't think there is any other mom like mine. There are so many reasons why I love my mom, but these are just a few.


Really, what could be better than that! I love the gifts they make for me.


Then we headed to Newport to spend the day with my parents. My mom had arranged to take me and Zoe to see "Grease" at the O.C. Performing Arts Center. I had been wanting to see it since it had come out on Broadway in New York, so this was a fun way to spend Mother's Day.

Taylor Hicks was guest starring in the Teen Angel role. Zoe was so excited, she's loved him since he was on American Idol a few seasons ago. He did a great job and even performed his new release after the show was over. While we were at the show, Cooper and Grandpa had a great time. They spent the afternoon at Boomers. They went on rides, played miniature golf, ate lunch, rode go-karts, and went on the bumper boats. They had a blast!

Thank you Mom, for being the best mom in the world, and always being there!
Thank you Zoe and Cooper for letting me be your Mom! I love you with all my heart!

0 comments: