The kids and I have been talking about getting to some of the missions for the last few years. Both of them did their mission reports in 4th grade, but the missions they were assigned were up in Northern California and we weren't able to visit them. I hadn't been to Mission San Juan Capistrano since I was a kid, so I thought it would be neat to explore it. We made another fun day of it with Mimi and Jax!
The grounds in the courtyard of the mission are absolutely gorgeous. There are tons of trees, beautiful flowers, and a large koi pond in the center filled with lily pads.
My favorite part was sitting in Serra's Church. I couldn't believe how ornate it was!
We loved the church bells too, although none were ringing today.
Cemetery entrance...
Outside of the main mission is the giant remnants of the original chapel that was destroyed in an earthquake many years ago.
There were so many photo opportunities here, with lots of bright colors!
I loved the architecture here, including the beautiful archways.
We had such a great time exploring this mission. It was a fun day and we finished off with a delicious lunch at the El Adobe before heading home. Thanks for another fun day Mimi!





























0 comments:
Post a Comment