Wednesday, April 11, 2012

He did what??

As I was sitting in the PTA meeting last night I got a call and text from Joe telling me to call him right away. Cooper had been playing out front with the neighbors and fallen face first into the driveway. Unfortunately, his lip and front tooth took the brunt of the fall.
Seriously, this poor kid has been through a lot the last few months! He's given me a lot of gray hairs recently! I had to wait until this morning to call the dentist, hoping for no nerve damage to the tooth. Although the dentist's office was closed for the week for spring break, they took pity on me and met me for an emergency appointment for xrays and an exam after work. Thankfully, the nerves look ok, and they will be able to bond the tooth without major work. We have to wait two weeks, for the trauma of the tooth to settle, and then he will get it fixed. The bonding "should" last through his adolescence!

Also yesterday, I also got a call from my mom that Poppe was at the hospital. After my meeting, she called to update me with the news that he has been diagnosed with cancer. At the age of 89, there is no way he is strong enough to deal with the treatment. After processing the news, my mom and aunt have been working with the doctors and setting up hospice care. At this point, I am praying for comfort and peace for him. We are looking forward to visiting with him this weekend and spending some quality time together.

It has been quite a week, and I'm looking forward to some less stressful days ahead...I hope!

0 comments: