Saturday, April 28, 2012

Greco-Roman Festival

Today was a fun day for the 6th graders at Vail Ranch. They got to dress up in togas and celebrate with their annual Greco-Roman Festival. Since there are very few opportunities for parents to be on the middle school campus, I decided to take advantage of this chance to volunteer for the day!

 Zoe and Maddyn were dressed and ready to have fun. The groups of kids rotated through 12 stations including Greek alphabet, Make-up/Tattoos and Photos, Olympics, Pythagorean Theory, Mazes, Bookmarks, Food tasting (chicken kabobs, pita bread with hummus, and baklava), and Chariot races. Since I was serving food outside, I was able to watch Zoe being pulled in her chariot.
 They lost the race, but I think she was enjoying her ride!

The kids didn't love every station, but it was a fun day for them to get out of their normal classes and routines. I enjoyed getting the chance to spend some time on the campus, interact with the kids and teachers, and just see how things work around there!

0 comments: