Wednesday, January 11, 2012

People's Choice Awards...again!

I was thrilled to be able to attend the People's Choice Awards again, as a seat filler, with my posse of girlfriends. We met up at Joy's house and had a caravan up to the Nokia Theater in L.A. Before the awards we enjoyed a nice lunch at Yard House, and talked about who we were excited to see.

It is always a strange feeling to check in at the parking structure and wait in our long lines with the other groups of seat fillers. It is good people watching though, and we enjoy checking out the outfits that others have put together for the night!
Our group was pretty low key compared to some others, but we were ready for our "Hollywood Night Out"!
Once inside, we were happy with our first seats! We were in the center section about 20 rows back.

Once the show began, so did the chaos. Most of us got split up, some were moved to several different places throughout the show. I was lucky enough to move up to the 7th row center, and got to stay in that seat the whole time. I was right behind comedian Kathy Griffin, and 3 rows behind the incredibly handsome Matt Bomer (my favorite guy from White Collar!) Wish I could have taken some pictures, but one of the ladies in charge of the seatfillers was sitting next to me and was very strict on no cameras!
Thankfully Jenny was able to get some shots from her seat!
Kaley Cuocco was this years host, taking over for Queen Latifa. One of my favorite moments of course was seeing Robert Pattinson accept his award for the movie he did this year, Water for Elephants. I love being in the same room with him!

Betty White is turning 90 this month, and it was fun to see her get an award...she is quite a lady!

I also loved seeing Faith Hill perform. She is absolutely gorgeous in person!

The night concluded with tons of confetti shooting through the theater.

We had a fun day, with lots of chit chat and laughter! Hope I can keep up this new yearly tradition!

0 comments: