Let's start off by saying that I don't really enjoy writing about myself, (nor do I like pictures of myself), but my mom convinced me that I needed to document this. Last month I was given the PTA Founders Day Award for my school. Basically, the board and/or staff nominate someone who they think exemplifies what PTA stands for and makes a difference at our school. It was nice to be recognized, although I don't really like attention on myself!
Tonight was the official awards ceremony at the new, beautiful City Hall building in Old Town Temecula. Most of the schools were there with their nominees, as well as principals, school board members, the superintendent, and a city council member. They had a slideshow presentation of each person nominated, along with their photo and information as to what they do to make a difference at our school. The PTA District Council then picked 3 people, out of the 26 that were nominated, for the Council Founders Day Award. I was lucky enough to be one of those 3 and was presented with a plaque. There will also be a California Scholarship Federation scholarship given in my name to one of the local high school students. I thought that was a pretty cool honor.
Anyway, I didn't get any pictures at the event, but Zoe wanted to take a picture of me with the awards...

The kids also gave me a card (and some candy for our upcoming plane ride!) and Coop made me a cute paper medal.
Thanks kids!! You are the reason that I do what I do! :)
Monday, March 21, 2011
Founder's Day Award
Created by Wendy at 3/21/2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment