Wednesday, January 5, 2011

People's Choice Awards 2011!

I was so excited to be heading back to the People's Choice Awards again this year as a seatfiller. There is a lot of standing around and waiting before the show starts, a long walk from the parking garage to the theater, and some stressful moments inside trying to figure out the seating, but it is an absolute blast to be there in person!

(Joy, Erica, Jenny, Jenn, me, Vicki)

Last year the casting company was very strict about cameras, we were absolutely not allowed to bring them in or take any pictures. I guess they gave up on that, because there were a ton of people taking pictures this year. Unfortunately I only had my phone camera, so I wasn't able to get any good shots. I was a little bummed since I was so close this year, but we had a fantastic time.
Blurry picture, but I had to document how excited Jenny and I were for the show to start! We had just come down from a higher section in the theater to get right up front. We were trying to maneuver around and get the best seats possible and we were feeling pretty nervous about it!
The show started with a flash mob dance that we had quickly tried to learn in our seats. Wish I could have recorded that! We got to move around and rush up towards the stage, and I was dancing just a foot away from Taylor Swift...it was very exciting! The first presenter was Jennifer Anniston and she looked amazing...

We were surprised to see Elton John come out as a presenter...what a thrill! He gave an award to Taylor Swift...
There were so many celebrities there, including presenter Queen Latifah, Johnny Depp, Conan, Zach Efron, Selena Gomez, the Kardashians, Adam Sandler, Kate Walsh, Neil Patrick Harris, Julie Bowen, Taye Diggs, Ashton Kutcher, Katy Perry, Natalie Portman, and many more! Of course, my favorites were the Twilight Cast: Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, and Kristen Stewart. They were sitting in the front row, center stage. At one point during a commercial break, I decided to walk up there to get a closer view. They are surrounded by security, but I was able to get within a couple feet of them before being turned away. It was very exciting, and made my night!
Overall, we had a fantastic time! It was a very long day and we were all exhausted, but it was worth every minute. I was smiling ear to ear all evening and was giddy the whole time. I know they are just regular people, but it is still a thrill to see them in person and I get quite star struck. It was fun to come home and watch the show on TV and catch some glances of us in the audience!

0 comments: