This is such a fun day at Tony Tobin! I love seeing all the kids dressed in their winter pajamas or winter wear, singing and playing, and so excited that school is getting out for Winter Break! Each of the grade levels have been practicing their songs for weeks.
Third grade performed at 10:30, so after a nice coffee visit with friends, I headed to the MPR to watch Cooper sing. He did a great job, although he is definitely a lot more embarrassed to perform than his sister. He was just happy to be wearing his jammies to school!

After the performance, we got to go back to the classroom for some fun crafts. I don't get the chance to spend too much time in class with Cooper so I enjoyed getting to hang out with him for a while. He rotated through 5 different holiday stations:
1) Pin Art
2) 3D Snowman
3) Decorating Cookies
4) Snowflake Making

5) Word search and finish the snowmen
After the rotations the kids were excited to be able to eat their cookies!

After lunch, I headed back to watch Zoe and the 5th grade perform. They were awesome, and this was my favorite group of holiday songs they've ever sung. They sounded beautiful! I got a bit teary watching them all sing, knowing this was their last holiday performance in elementary school. I have seen most of them grow up together since starting in kindergarten, and I just can't believe how quickly the time has passed.

Afterwards, the parents went back to the classrooms for more arts and crafts.
We made Christmas tree cards...
Played the dreidal game...
And made origami cranes...
It was so nice to spend some fun time with Zoe in class too. I am going to miss this!!
We couldn't be more excited to have a 2 week break though! It will be nice to have some down time with no school, no chorus, no dance, and no basketball or baseball! Yahoo!
Friday, December 17, 2010
Holiday Open House Day
Created by Wendy at 12/17/2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment