Tuesday, October 6, 2009

35 has arrived...

I turned 35 today and I must say it doesn't feel much different. I'm a little depressed that I am no longer considered to be in my "early" thirties, but I guess that's ok. I ended up having to work today, so no free time for me, but I was still given so many well wishes and I certainly felt special. Chessa and I had overlapping lunches today, so we even ran down the hill for a quick bite to eat. Then it was the usual football practice tonight (my friend Michelle showed up with flowers and cupcakes), followed by a quick stop for ice cream on the way home since it was Staff Scoop Night for our school! I came home to brownies from Joe and several vases full of flowers around the house. What's with all the junk food...boy my friends know me well!

My big gift was getting my bedroom and bathroom redecorated. My parents got all the stuff (Mom and I had a couple fun days shopping) and Joe did all the painting. I love the new colors, and it just feels nice to have fresh new paint, bedding, and towels.Here are the final results!

Thanks for all the love today from all of my friends and family! I am truly blessed.

0 comments: