There are certainly days when I think being a mom is a hard job, but I must say, I wasn't quite prepared for how hard it would be to watch my son on his first day of hitting practice with full pads. I do tend to worry a lot when it comes to my kids, overly so I know...I just thought it would get easier as they got older!
A lot of my worry was due to the fact that Cooper wasn't feeling well today. He was battling a pretty bad cough, and with his asthma, it complicates things a little more. Along with that, he was dealing with a heel injury from last weeks practices, and recovering from a pretty bad sunburn on his face from the beach yesterday (its okay Grandpa...we forgive you!) I really didn't think he would make it through the whole practice, but he is one tough kid. He looks so little in those big pads, but he held his own.
(the team is ready to go)
(not feeling so hot, but looking cool!)
(fighting hard against a kid who was a full helmet size taller than him...)
(waiting for his next turn)
(running hard!)
(taking a huge hit...that one hurt!)I'm pretty proud of my little guy. It was very scary though seeing a few kids carried off the field with injuries and already needing quite a few ice packs. I will be saying a lot of prayers over the next few months!
0 comments:
Post a Comment