My mom and I wanted to take the kids on a little getaway, and since none of them have seen the Grand Canyon, we thought this would be the perfect little trip. My mom's longtime friend Liz decided to come along with us, so off we went!
We rented a minivan to fit all of us and our gear. We headed out Monday morning for our 8 hour drive. The kids did great in the car! Our first stop was in a tiny town (actually I don't think you could even call it a town it was so small) called Ludlow. We filled up the gas tank and our bellies at the only food in town, Dairy Queen.
After passing through the cute town of Williams, AZ we made it to our hotel in the Grand Canyon Village. The kids were anxious to get out of the car and into the pool! They swam for a while and then we hit the restaurant for a delicious dinner.

The next morning we were up and out the door early. We went to a little cafe across the street for a yummy breakfast and then drove to the canyon. When we got out of the car and took our first look, the kids were amazed. They couldn't believe the sight in front of them!







We drove a little further down, saw the train coming in, and found a beautiful trail to go down. I took the kids down the path and they couldn't have been happier. They were so excited to actually be in the canyon. They would've loved to go all the way to the river, but I repeatedly told them that we couldn't do 9 miles down and another 9 back up in one day!






Our quick trip was already over and it was time to head home! Another 8 hour drive with stops for breakfast in Williams and snack in Ludlow. We had a great trip, I only wish it had lasted a little bit longer! I can't wait to go back again and spend some more time hiking and sightseeing. It sure is a beautiful place!





0 comments:
Post a Comment