Friday, June 5, 2009

A Busy School Day...

The end of the school year certainly gets busy! Today started out with Parent's Day in 1st grade. Since Joe couldn't get off work, I went solo. Cooper got to show off more of his work this year and we got to bring home his 1st grade memory book which is full of important writing, art projects, and photos throughout the year. We will treasure every page!
After we looked at the papers, the kids put on a quick show for us singing several songs. The last one was called Tony Chesnut which included lots of movements. The parents had to join in at the end and I discovered that I'm not always that coordinated! It sure was fun though. We finished the morning by playing board games...Cooper's choice was SpongeBob Life.

After leaving Cooper's class I headed over to Zoe's class. Since their birthdays fall right after school gets out, we have to plan some un-birthday celebrations during the last few days of school. Miss Upshur does a fun thing with the kids by letting them hold a big birthday hat and lead a parade with her classmates around the room while they all sing "Happy Birthday" faster and faster until they're all running. Then she got to pass out the popsicles she brought for the kids to enjoy out on the grass.
At the end of the day, it was back to Cooper's class for his birthday celebration. He brought in super hero popsicles and everyone sang to him before heading out for a few minutes of free play.


Yikes, can these days get any busier! It's a lot of fun, but I sure can't wait for summer break! :)

0 comments: