Friday, July 3, 2015

Miami Beach...Week 2

Sunday
We had such a fun day! Although I was up early, Zoe slept in late...she was exhausted!! We headed to the 11th Street Diner for brunch. It was one of the places visited by Guy Fieri, from Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives. I love old diners, and this one was great.


 Our breakfast was indulgent, yet delicious...and we were stuffed!
 After a little rest, we used Uber to go into Miami. We headed out on a 30 minute speed boat tour and had an absolute blast!
 The people on the boat were a lot of fun, and we loved the driver and our "guide."
 This bridge was used in Miami Vice, and more recently, The Fast and the Furious...
 As we headed out, the storm clouds were heading in.
 The area is called the "playground", and our driver was awesome. This boat does quick turns and spins, soaking us all completely. Wish we could've had our cameras out for that...
 We spent a few minutes cruising around Star Island and the Venetian Islands to see the millionaire homes, many owned by celebrities. This is Ricky Martin's home. We also saw Will Smith's boat, in front of his home.
 This 80 million dollar gem, is owned by the creator of Viagra!
 Memorial Island...(those clouds are getting dark!)
 and Elizabeth Taylor's house...
 This is when it got really fun! While still in a little sun, we watched an awesome lightning storm ahead, while spinning and doing tricks in the boat back in the "playground", with music blasting. It was a so much fun, and such a cool experience.
 We survived, and were drenched, and had a awesome time!
 From there we walked into downtown.
 We passed the arena where the Miami Heat play (wish it was basketball season!)...
 and passed Port Miami...
 to go into Bayside Marketplace.

 This place is a crazy tourist destination. There were people everywhere, and since it's right next to the cruise port, lots of people coming and going.
 There was a band playing music on the bay, and tons of little tourist shops and food vendors.
We couldn't resist more fantastic gelato...
 The skies were busy...
It was starting to rain, and we were ready to head back.
It was a nice day off together...now time to rest before Zoe's long week ahead!

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
We've settled into a nice routine during the week. A healthy breakfast before heading out the door, taking the local bus to the studio, and then I enjoy a beautiful walk home. Usually, I walk the boardwalk along the ocean, unless I walk to a grocery store or market, and sometimes up and down Ocean Blvd, or Collins Ave. to look at the neat hotels and many shops.

 Here's the Kardashian clothing store...
 In the evenings, we either head to the beach, walk for some food or dessert, or shops. I love the ever changing skies...
 A little walk in the rain to Lincoln Rd Monday evening...


 Seriously, this is in my top 5 ice creams I have ever had!!! It was delicious... Java Oreo, so incredible. Zoe had Coconut and Espresso Chip, also amazing.
 Love seeing some wild iguanas next to the road...
 Tuesday morning I walked to one of the marinas...

 On the way to the beach in the evening, we stopped at this great little cafe...
 The croissant with Nutella was so good!

 The skies were beautiful at the beach...
 It's nice to be able to spend an hour or two at the beach in the evenings. The water is so warm and relaxing...I could get used to this!
 Wednesday morning I walked north towards mid-beach. Here the boardwalk changes to wood, with no bikes, skateboards, roller blades allowed. It's a beautiful area.


 I stopped here to spend some time sitting on the rocks, enjoying the beauty of the ocean. Wish I could do this every morning...forever!

 Another fun lifeguard station...
 Zoe and I got some nasty spider/bug bites earlier in the week. Once of mine seems to be getting infected, so trying to treat it at home and hoping no antibiotics will be needed.
Before picking up Zoe in the late afternoon, I stopped into a great little French cafe on Espanola Way. I loved this place!
Their crepes look amazing, but I settled for a cappuccino instead.
 At the studio, we stopped into the boutique, so Zoe could pick up some official MCB gear...
 Love this fun art...
 Zoe was also ready for a Starbucks (lemon bar frapp)...
We found a great restaurant that does Happy Hour pizzas...whatever time you order (between 5:30-7:00pm that is the price of the pizza! It was a great deal, and even came with delicious bread and oil/vinegar.
 Zoe got the best tea ever (according to her!)
 and we couldn't leave without picking up a few macarons down the street.

Thursday
I really don't think I could ever get tired of morning walks on the boardwalk.

 Before picking up Zoe, I hopped on the city bus and went up to Bal Harbour Shops for a little while.
 This is one of the most high-end "malls" in the country. Every single store is designer, and the jewelry stores heavily guarded. Needless to say, it was not really my style, but it was fun to window shop and see the beautiful displays.

 I walked down to the main street of Surfside before getting back on the bus.

Friday
Love the beautiful clouds, and quick storms that come and go. We had some incredible thunder/lightning tonight.
We took our nightly walk...
I've been wanting to try some tres leche cake since we got here, and I found a great little bakery on Washington. Zoe got some with coconut creme. They were VERY sweet, but delicious.
 It's been a great 2nd week here. Zoe is still loving the dance program, and Miami Beach!

0 comments: