Saturday, August 17, 2013

Show Time!!

The summer Dunamix Dance Project production took place Friday and Saturday. In the past, the annual recitals were in June, but they decided to move them to the end of the summer this year. Zoe wasn't planning to be in the show much since she missed most of the summer, but Nicole wanted her to be a part of it, so after getting back from New York, she jumped right back in to the studio for many hours of rehearsals.  Dress rehearsal took place right after school on Thursday until 9:30pm, then they did one show Friday night, and two shows on Saturday.

Mimi, Gramps, and Jax came to the Saturday afternoon show.
 Zoe loves her Gramps...
Cooper is glad to have Jax's company during the show!
 I worked backstage for the other 2 shows. It makes for some very long days and nights, but I love being back there and getting to see the dancers get ready, prepare, worship and pray, and of course, dance!
 Hair and make-up must get done. Olivia created beautiful hair for Zoe!
Miss Nicole provides an incredible environment for these dancers. She is loving, supportive, prayerful, and strong for them. I am so thankful for her!

 Zoe was in 5 numbers, beginning with Beloved, the opening dance. I'm so happy that my friend Sheldon, the photographer for the shows, sent me a sneak peak of Zoe!
The rest I'll have to wait for. I could only get a few decent ones with my camera, so I can't wait to see more of the professional shots.






 Love these girls!!

 Lunch break outside...
The final show ended about 9pm, and after cleaning up we headed to a pizza place for the cast party! I must've been pretty tired, since I didn't get a single picture. We closed the place down at midnight and headed home. I'm so grateful Zoe got to be a part of this show!

0 comments: