Thursday, August 8, 2013

Registrations and Orientation

It is already that time of year...school registrations. They are both at the middle school this year, but their registration days are different.
Monday afternoon was Zoe's time. She picked up her schedule and school planner, took her yearbook photo, paid for ASB and PTSA memberships, and got all of her books. Thankfully, in 8th grade, your books get to stay at home each day!

 She is pretty happy with her schedule and we are hoping she has a fantastic 8th grade year! She was happy to see her friend Jordyn, and they ended up with a few classes together again this year.

Cooper's registration was Wednesday.  I really can't believe my baby is starting middle school. It seems like yesterday that I was walking him into his kindergarten class. I was getting anxious throughout the day waiting to see what his schedule would be. Since we are now familiar with many of the teachers, we knew who we wanted, and also who we didn't! We are pretty happy with the classes and teachers he got. I think he will have a lot of work, but hopefully it will be a great 6th grade year for him!
We picked up his schedule, books, P.E. clothes, paid for memberships, and took his yearbook picture also. Unfortunately, the 6th graders have to carry several of their books to and from school each day, so he will have a heavy load this year. He met up with Nicholas, and the two of them were so bummed that they don't have any classes together.
 On Thursday was the 6th Grade Orientation. We picked up his friend Jake, and I dropped them off for 2 hours at the school. It was a strange feeling, and crazy to see how grown up my boy is.
Only a few days before the routine of school sets in!

0 comments: