Why is it, that during one of our busiest times of the year, we decide to tackle a room renovation? I don't know the answer, but it seems to be a theme with us every year. Mimi and I brought up the idea of re-doing Zoe's room last June for her birthday, but at the time, she wasn't ready for the change. (I think starting middle school was a big enough change for her.) About a month ago though, she came to me and said she was ready to change it, and knew exactly what she wanted. Well that was all that Mimi needed to hear, and said she would make it an early Christmas present for Zoe. I was excited too because although it meant a lot of work, it also meant a complete overhaul of that room. Zoe tends to keep "everything" which means a lot of clutter (which drives me crazy!) so I was more than happy to start cleaning things out.
BEFORE:

DURING:
Zoe planned out everything for her new room. She knew exactly what colors she wanted, how she wanted them painted, picked out the new bedding, new lamp and a new futon.
Both kids were anxious to help out with the painting. They patiently listened to their lesson from Daddy and were ready to go.
Since it took several days to paint the stripes, Zoe wasn't able to sleep in her room. Her and Coop had a few nights together in his bed...
AFTER:
The final result...


The result is a bright, colorful, happy "tween" room that suits Zoe perfectly!
Sunday, December 11, 2011
Bedroom Re-Do!
Created by Wendy at 12/11/2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment