Yesterday happened to be one of the coldest days of the year here. We were actually expecting a little snow, but the rain died down when the temperature dropped. So, most people would want to curl up with the hot chocolate, but what does Zoe want to do...make ice cream! She has been waiting to use her ice cream maker that she got for Christmas, and we just haven't gotten around to it yet. She was determined that today was the day! She dragged Daddy to the store for some ice and rock salt, and then stocked up on the milk, cream, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. I must say, it was some of the best old fashioned vanilla ice cream I've ever tasted! We can't wait to try all the other recipes.
Today we decided to bake batch of chocolate chip cookies and make some mini ice cream cookie sandwiches. They were delicious! I think I will enjoy them even more in the heat of the summer! :)

Sunday, February 27, 2011
Never too cold for ice cream!
Created by Wendy at 2/27/2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment