Friday, December 19, 2008

Holiday Open House

Today is one of my favorite days of the year at the kids school. Their last day before the holiday break, the school hosts an Open House. Each grade level does a singing performance, and then parents can spend time with the kids in their individual classrooms doing different activities and crafts. Since Joe was working today I spent the morning running back and forth so I could do bits and pieces with Zoe and Cooper.

I started the morning by listening to Zoe's performance. I really think my little girl has had enough singing for the month. Between all the choir practices, girl scout caroling, and now this, she's tired! But she did a great job and was warm and cozy in their winter pajamas!

(Maddyn and Zoe)

After Zoe's performance I raced over to Cooper's classroom to do some holiday crafts with him. I told him to save a few to do with me, so we worked on his reindeer food and candy train.
Cooper has had a wonderful student teacher this year, but today is her last day. We will miss Mrs. Schwartz so much!
Then it was time for Cooper's performance. He got right in the front row, center stage. It is so interesting to see how different my kids are. Zoe loves the spotlight and loves to sing and perform whenever she can. Cooper on the other hand can be very shy and doesn't like to sing (especially in public)! But he pulled through and did a fantastic job!

To finish off the morning I went back to Zoe's classroom since she was finishing up some crafts. They have studying holidays around the world over the past month, so they did a lot of different activities from different countries. After the crafts were cleaned up we moved on to an international feast. We had eggrolls, potato pancakes with applesauce and sour cream, butternut squash soup, and rice pudding. Zoe loved every bit of it!
It was a fun morning, but I know we're all looking forward to a break from school and activities over the next couple weeks!

1 comments:

Jenny said...

What a fun day! Have a great time in Big Bear! It is well deserved. Merry Christmas!