Wow...the first day of school is already here! The kids were so excited this morning; they were up early ready to eat breakfast, help pack their lunch, and get into their new school clothes.
Zoe, my beautiful 3rd grader...Cooper, my handsome 1st Grader...
One of the reasons we bought our house 3 years ago was for this. I always wanted to be able to walk to school with my kids. And off we go...
Cooper's first day went very well! I got to go into the class with him and see him at his desk. He was so excited to finally have his own desk, instead of the round tables in kindergarten. He got to work on his first day packet right away. When it was time to say goodbye he looked a little nervous and I felt the tears welling up inside me. He gave me big hug and I told him I couldn't wait to see him after school. It was hard to leave my little guy . I just can't believe my baby is going to be in school all day now. But when I picked him up after his long day, he had a big smile on his face. He even received his first "happy note" with a new pencil for good behavior today! He said the day was long, but he liked it!
Zoe was a big girl today, going into class and starting out the day all by herself. Since I had to go in Cooper's class with him, I didn't even get to see her at her desk. But after leaving Cooper I headed over to check on her. This was what I saw...After school she came to find me and said she had the best day ever and loves Miss Upshur's class! I guess I couldn't have asked for a better day for them!
Monday, August 18, 2008
First Day of School
Created by Wendy at 8/18/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment