What a special day in the Sommers' household! Today is Zoe AND Cooper's birthday! I still can't believe I managed to deliver them exactly 2 years apart...what a miracle! These two kids really are special. There are so many things to love about each of them. Zoe has the most amazing enthusiasm with all life has to offer. Cooper is so kind and sweet and still loves to cuddle with his mom. I feel so blessed every day that these two are mine!
The day started out with a yummy birthday breakfast of waffles with whipped cream and chocolate chips served on their "Red Special Plates", a tradition in our family.
After going outside to see his first present, Cooper was thrilled with his new basketball hoop. Zoe just wanted to open a small one since they were saving the rest until Daddy got home.
In the afternoon we went to see Kung Fu Panda and had popcorn and icees. We all loved the movie!! For dinner the kids each got to choose a meal, so Zoe chose ravioli and Cooper wanted turkey burgers, so that is what we had! Then it was time to open presents...I think they got everything they wanted. For Zoe: a certificate for a trip to the American Girl store with mom and grandma for brunch and some shopping; her number 8 angel figurine; a digital camera with photo album; webkinz pet; pokeman cards; and a few other little things. For Cooper: a skateboard; ramp; webkinz pet; pokeman cards; and also a few other things. For both of them: Mario Kart for the Wii; legos; pool skateboards. What happy kids I have!
After presents it was time for cake and ice cream. Every year I let them look through a kids birthday cake book and pick out the cake they want me to make. This year Zoe chose an ice cream sundae cake and Cooper chose a video game cake. So that's what we made. Zoe wanted a vanilla cake with a jelly filling. Cooper wanted plain chocolate.
We were lucky enough to have our neighbors over to join us for an impromptu party which even ended with some night swimming. I think the kids had a wonderful birthday!I love you both so much and can't wait to see what this next year brings! :)
Monday, June 16, 2008
Zoe is 8! Cooper is 6!
Created by Wendy at 6/16/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Welcome to the blogging world! Looks like Zoe and Cooper had so much fun on their special day...can Grandma Diane be my grandma for a day:-)? Hee Hee....
Post a Comment