This is the last full week we'll be in San Francisco. Zoe didn't have class until the afternoon on Saturday, so we headed into town to the Marketplace at the Ferry Building.
We had a great brunch and walked all around the market and along the harbor. Can't take this dancer anywhere...
It was a beautiful morning and I love getting to spend time with this girl of mine!!
We walked back to the Ferry building to grab some ice cream before Zoe had to get to class.
I think we may be a little obsessed!
In fact, Zoe had ice cream again that night on our way home from dance. There's a cute little shop near where we are staying that has Dole pineapple whips!
I went out to Walnut Creek to borrow Nori's car for the rest of the weekend. On Sunday morning, Zoe and I were up early to get to Muir Woods. We were trying to beat the crowds on this holiday weekend.
It was absolutely beautiful!
Zoe decided she wanted to venture up the stairs that led to another trail.
It was gorgeous, but we weren't planning on an extra 5 miles!
This one is always climbing...
We had a great morning, logging in about 7 miles of hiking, up and down some steep hills. I will be feeling this tomorrow!
We drove from there to San Rafael to visit Dominican University, which is a small college in Marin County.
This private university is very small, about half the size of Zoe's high school! She really isn't interested in going to this small of a college, BUT they have an amazing B.F.A. program that would enable her to get her degree and train as a pre-professional at the studio she's been at this summer. So she has to weigh the pros and cons, and look at all her options. Although, they only accept about 16 students a year, so the competition to get in is fierce! For now, we just wanted to check it off our list and get a feel for the campus.
They actually hold classes in this beautiful "house".
It is a small, but beautiful campus!
They have these cute "village" apartments for some of the housing students.
We stopped for lunch at Crepevine in town for some delicious savory crepes.
And we couldn't resist ice cream back at the Creamery in Walnut Creek on our way to Nori's. We seriously have an ice cream problem!
Nori and I watched the girls swim and made some dinner. I'm so glad we've gotten to spend this time together...sad I didn't get more pictures!
Time to drive to Bart for us to head back into the city. These two make my heart melt!
I've spent some more time walking the streets, doing a little shopping, ending up in not so good areas of town, and figuring out the ins and outs of public transportation!
and finding more treats...
We met Jessie one night for dinner too, in the cute Inner Sunset part of town. I'm sad I didn't get a picture of us!
Our 4th of July was a quiet one this year. Zoe had class until 6pm, so by that time she was exhausted, and we didn't feel like dealing with crowds in the city. So we went home and watched fireworks from our living room window and watched them on tv before heading to bed!
This city has been fun, but has also been a little nerve-wracking at times, with some violence, lots of drugs on the streets, and "interesting" people. Tonight on my way to pick up Zoe, the block next to the studio was closed off with police everywhere and buses & trollies stopped. There was an incident with an armed man that was threatening people, so they had 4 hour standoff. Thankfully, after a detour and walk through a not-so-good alley, I was able to get to Zoe and we made it safely back home.
Our daily walk from Bart to our house...
Zoe's last day was the final performance, which was being held at SFSU. She had to be there early for rehearsals, so we picked up lunch and walked around the campus for a bit.
It was nice for her to get a feel for a bigger university campus. I left her there, and did a little more site seeing and shopping. Couldn't leave without ice cream from Cream!
Can't wait to see her perform!










































0 comments:
Post a Comment