Friday, July 1, 2016

Back to SF!

I said goodbye to Joe and Cooper and headed back to San Francisco to spend the next two weeks with Zoe! Nori picked me up at the airport, we had a great lunch together, and then went back to her house for the afternoon. Zoe has loved spending the last two weeks at their house and getting to spend time with her girls.

 We spent the afternoon at a local water park. It was crowded, but a fun day together!
 Zoe and Nat have formed quite a bond this week...they adore each other!
And they had lots of fun taking selfies this week!

 Zoe and I headed out on Bart back to the city to our new place. We're staying with friends of Nicole's that live a lot closer to Downtown SF.  We got settled into our new routine, which includes a shorter commute each way. While Zoe is busy dancing from 8:00-6 each day, I'm staying busy working, walking to pick up groceries, catching up on emails and bills from the last couple of weeks, walking miles and miles of the city, site seeing, catching up on a few Netflix series' and of course, finding treats for Zoe and I along the way!

 Zoe loves when I surprise her with macarons! She looks good in her new Lines jacket too. ;) And she's decided to spend the month make-up free...saves her time getting ready in the morning!
 I visited the San Francisco Botanical Gardens, which was a nice respite from the busy city!


 It was freezing that morning, but beautiful!
 
 I walked to the deYoung museum, and enjoyed a lot of the art and photography exhibits.
On another day, I went to the Walt Disney Museum, in the Presidio.
It was full of memorabilia and the history of his life and everything "Disney".
I loved seeing this model of the original plans for Disneyland.
Shopping in Union Square...
more bakeries...
Zoe and I went to Pier 39 one evening...

 It was so cold and windy! We can't believe how different this summer is compared to the last 3 in HOT locations.

 Beautiful views though!

Boudin for dinner...
an Oreo churro for dessert...
Chai tea with Boba on another day...
 We shared a great pizza one night, and met Nori for delicious ice cream at Bi-Rite!


 I get tired of the buses around the city, so I try to walk as much as possible! The hills can be a killer, but I love so many of these streets and beautiful houses!

 The historical Painted Ladies!
 Love Hayes St and this cute little park and ice cream shop!
It was a nice break to rest my weary feet!
This is what Zoe likes to see when she walks out of the studio after a long day!

We walked around the Haight-Ashbury neighborhood one night too.
 We found a great street taco place...

 and had a nice time walking in and out of shops, and around the beautiful streets.We found this cute bulldog just hanging out in a store window!
We passed the Grateful Dead house, although that meant nothing to Zoe!
We finished up at the Ice Cream Bar...a cute shop with delicious ice cream.


 Zoe finished up her 3rd week of the program, and she is LOVING it! The days are longer than she's ever done, but she is thriving and can't get enough. Last week they got to take class with Alonzo a few times...according to Zoe, it was "amazing!" This is one of the studios she spends her days in...
 and a couple dance shots...

 Such a fun group!
Only one more week to go!

0 comments: