Thursday, June 16, 2016

Birthday Trip...14 & 16!

I couldn't bear being away from Zoe for her 16th birthday, so after a half day at work, Cooper and I took off to San Francisco for the long weekend! Joe made Cooper a birthday breakfast, and before we left, I got to see Coop open his presents.

 He's been waiting for his PS4, and loved his fishing sweatshirt, cologne, and Go-Pro chest mount.
I can't believe this kid is 14! I am so proud of how responsible he is, and how much he's grown up this year, taking on a lot more on his own. I love his crazy moods, and have come to love his long hair. :) He is easy to hang out with, and although he is a boy of few words, he is fun to talk with. He's obsessed with all things related to fishing, and loves the beach. He makes me laugh, puts up with my constant hugs and "I love yous", and still loves my cookies, waffles, and milkshakes. I love you Cooper!!

We headed out of San Diego airport for San Francisco.
 We checked into our room and went to pick up Zoe at the studio.
 We were planning on something else for dinner, but these kids were tired and hungry, and Zoe couldn't wait any longer for food! We found this great little place closer to the hotel, with delicious pizza. Although with Cooper, we can't be too adventurous, so we stuck with cheese. :)

We found a delicious ice cream shop for some birthday dessert!
 The hotel left some treats for the kids.
 The sunset was beautiful, and we could see the Golden Gate Bridge in the distance.
 Mimi and Gramps sent along some cards for the kids, and then Zoe got to open her gifts that I brought from me and Joe.
I love seeing them laugh!
Zoe got some more Adidas pants, some Ray Bans, this bracelet...
 She can't wait to go see Shawn Mendes in concert next month!
 I can't believe this girl is officially 16!! The time is flying, and in a few short weeks she will be driving. I continue to marvel at all she accomplishes each and every year, how strong and smart she is, and how she takes on new challenges constantly. I love her sense of humor, her truly adventurous spirit, her love of macarons, coffee, and Boba, her loyalty to her friends, and strong love for God, her family and her dogs! I love you Zoe!!

Zoe has been missing Cooper, and thankfully, he puts up with her!
I love these two so much! I'm so glad I could be with them today. ;) Happy Birthday Zoe and Cooper!!

0 comments: