Monday, June 13, 2016

Another summer adventure!

Zoe is attending the summer intensive program at Alonzo King Lines Ballet in San Francisco this summer! She is so excited for the opportunities that this company has to offer. It will be a little different experience for us both, since I can't get a month off of work, but we'll be together for part of it!
We headed out on a very early flight out of Ontario. It was nice to have a short flight, and stay within our time zone for a change!


 We flew into Oakland and got on Bart to head out to Walnut Creek where Zoe will be staying for the next two weeks with my oldest friend Nori.
 Home sweet home...for a little while!
 We got settled and went out to do a little shopping at the farmers market.
 And picked up lots of food and snacks for the week at Trader Joes.
 We decided to do a test run on Bart into the city to find her studio and get familiar with the area since Zoe will be doing this on her own for a while.
Unfortunately, the studio is not in the best neighborhood, and on a Sunday afternoon it was pretty unsettling. But we were excited to find Lines Ballet :)


We walked around the area for a bit and took in the city streets.

 Beautiful Civic Center...unfortunately, not a very safe area.

Of course, even in the worst neighborhoods, Zoe manages to find a delicious Boba smoothie.

We found the Westfield shopping center, with it's high-end shops, and gorgeous dome roofed ceiling...
 shared some yummy Thai food for dinner,
 and macarons for desert.
We took Bart back out to Nori's and tried to get a little sleep before morning!

Zoe's daily schedule will be up at 5:45 and waiting for Bart at 7:00, and returning from the studio at 6, arriving back home by about 7:15. A long day for her! I was happy to get to ride with her on the first morning. :)
 I walked her to the studio and said a quick goodbye before she headed in.
I am so excited for her and this next summer adventure. I'm so proud of how strong, responsible, and brave she is! However, it was incredibly difficult to walk away from that building and head for the airport by myself. I hated leaving my "baby" in the city by herself! I know she'll be fine, but I don't like to think of her doing so much traveling on her own. She continues to impress me every day though, and I can't wait to see her again soon!

0 comments: