Monday, October 6, 2014

40!

I've been trying not to focus on this day that has been rapidly approaching. It's funny...some days I feel like there is no way I could be 40 (seems like yesterday I was only 20!) and other days I feel quite a bit older! Either way, the day came and went, and honestly it doesn't feel much different.
We had our family dinner celebration last night, since we wouldn't have time today.

 Followed by a delicious snickers pie for dessert!
I was spoiled with sweet homemade cards. I was thankful for the gifts, treats, cards, phone calls and Facebook messages that I received throughout the day...it made it much more special.

Although it has been a bit of a tough year, and things aren't exactly as I would like them to be all the time, I am so truly thankful for every blessing I have. I am surrounded by a loving family and circle of friends, I have healthy, happy children, and my home is full of love and laughter (most of the time anyway!) Here's to another 40!

0 comments: