Cooper had a check-up with the orthopedist this morning. He was anxiously awaiting the cast to come off!
More xrays...
After visiting with the doctor, we got good news and bad news. The cast will stay off...yay! Unfortunately, he wants him to be in a brace for 3 more weeks...ugh!
He really wants to have the bones strong and healed completely before he is back to playing sports or having any accidents. So the brace can come off at home, in a controlled setting, doing mellow activities. At least showers will be easier!
I feel bad for this guy, he is so ready to get back to the sports he loves, and time at the beach! My go-to when I'm feeling down?...sweets! So we made a quick stop at Peterson's for some yummy donuts on our way back to school.
The Lord is always there to put things into perspective for me. Later that afternoon, we received an email from our lacrosse coach that one of the players from Coop's team was just diagnosed with leukemia. He will be living in a hospital in L.A. for at least a month and undergoing serious chemotherapy treatment. I was crushed and heartbroken for him and his family, and we will do what we can for them.
Be thankful for the blessings we have, and I will hug my kids a little tighter tonight.






0 comments:
Post a Comment