Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Day 2013

Even though the kids are growing up, there is nothing like seeing the joy on their faces on Christmas morning!

 My parents go above and beyond!!
 
 We insisted that the kids open each gift one at a time so that we could see everything.


Cooper got video games, clothes, gift cards...
 but his big surprise was a new ipad!
 Zoe got gift cards, clothes, bath and body stuff, perfume...
 but her big surprise was a new laptop!
Bobbie enjoyed the wrapping paper...

Joe and I got spoiled with clothes, jewelry and gift cards. And I got a new cookie skillet, which I can't wait to use!
 Everyone was happy opening gifts and sharing in the joy...






My parents decided to get a fun family gift this year and got a paddle board for us to use in the bay! I can't wait!

 The rest of the day was spent hanging out, setting up the new "toys" and eating lots of food!


 Lots of family showed up throughout the day, people coming and going at different times. I'm so bummed we didn't get any family pictures all day long!
Sonya and Morgan were there for a while too and he had fun opening his gifts. He sure is getting big and it's fun to watch him running around. Zoe was great with him and kept him busy the whole time!

 After an early dinner we headed back home for the rest of our Christmas. Santa came!
 Cooper got a keyboard case for his new iPad and Zoe got a new gel nailpolish kit.
 They opened lots more gifts and were happy kids!
 Coop got some lacrosse gear...
 and Zoe got a musical Nutcracker...

I can't express how grateful I feel today.  The gifts were incredible, but the real blessings are the time that we get to share together, the love we have between each other, that we are healthy, employed, and our needs are met. God is good and we are humbled by our blessings.
Merry Christmas!!

0 comments: