Thursday, November 28, 2013

Giving thanks...

Another successful Thanksgiving meal was had by all. I couldn't have done it this year without the help from my kids. They helped clean, set tables, chop veggies, bake, and more. We took a break preparing to go see Catching Fire and spend some time with friends this week too, but we were ready for Thanksgiving day!

 It was a fun day with family!


 Cousin love...and the boys entertained themselves with a game of chess.
 My best idea ever was to invest in a triple crock-pot cooker. I was able to make several dishes early and keep them warm all morning until it was time to eat. It made the day much more enjoyable since I was able to visit and have fun with everyone.
 Time to eat!

 and make a sparkling cider toast...

 Zoe said grace and we enjoyed a delicious meal.
 It wouldn't be a meal without the desserts!!
 Megan and Max came for dessert, and since they are celebrating Hanukkah, they opened a few gifts too.
 After everyone left (except for Jax!), we cleaned up and the kids had a fun night playing old Wii games...even having dance offs and bowling competitions.
It was such a great day, and I feel incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful family, great friends, good health, a roof over our heads, jobs, and food to keep us nourished.

0 comments: