I was relieved that it had finally come, and we were all up at 4:45am Friday to start setting up. People started showing up at about 6:30, and we had a steady stream of people until 6:00pm Friday evening. We had never done a sale beginning on Friday, but I'm so glad we did it! Mimi even surprised us by showing up to help.
We decided to sell some cookies and muffins too. These were a big hit!
We were up early again on Saturday to get set up. We opened our garage at 5:45 and had a van coming up the street ready to shop! They even helped us get all the tables out. Joe had to set up a light for them to look through the clothes and other items we had since it was still dark. I was glad people were still showing up on day 2.
Cooper was a big help both days! They both learned the art of being a good salesperson, as well as practicing their money math skills.
Can we take a break yet?!
Zoe had to leave on Saturday mid-morning for a long day of dance rehearsal. She got out of helping us clean up, but she was working her tail off getting ready for their big show next week. When she finally got home at 9:00pm, we counted up our total.


We were thrilled with how much we made and will be taking it straight to the bank to make our payment for New York. I am so proud of these kids. They worked REALLY hard for two weeks to make this happen. I think it's a good life lesson for them both to see that hard work pays off, as well as how hard you have to work to get something you want! I am so thankful for all of the support we had from family and friends...from donations of goods, to coming by to make purchases, to just donating to Zoe, and for all of the prayers that this would be a success.





0 comments:
Post a Comment