Friday, October 21, 2011

Jog-A-Thon

Today was the Tony Tobin's jog-a-thon. It felt a little strange not having Zoe there to run with. I'm still getting used to having the kids at 2 different schools! I was happy to get to spend the hour on the field with Cooper though. Mrs. Roger's Cowboys were ready to race in their orange. Ms. Wright was filling in for Mrs. Rogers while she is on a much-deserved vacation.
Cooper got a quick start and took off running.
He decided to flip his shirt around while running, so he could keep an eye on his lap tally.
He got a stomachache halfway through which forced him to slow down a bit, but he still ended up making his goal of 40 laps!
I enjoyed jogging a few laps with him too, but he is too quick for me to keep up!
After the race the kids enjoyed some healthy snacks.

Cooper and his friends Lorien and Mitchell were pretty sweaty...but I love the smiles on their faces!

Hopefully the school makes our fundraising goal of $20,000 to pay for so many of our programs! I think these kids ran hard to earn their share!

0 comments: