Sunday, November 22, 2009

Zoe's milestone...

I don't think I'm ready for my little girl to get older! Zoe woke up this morning and said she was ready to get her ears pierced. I was a bit surprised since we hadn't talked about it for months. She had actually asked about having them pierced about a year and a half ago when she turned 8. I told her that I thought she should wait a little while longer until she a was bit older and could really take care of them herself. So, when she turned 9, I thought she would be ready, but at that point she decided that she was too scared and wanted to wait. But for some reason, today was the day! She had a dream that she had done it and was very excited. I, on the other hand, wasn't. I thought maybe we should wait until Christmas, or even until her next birthday. Well, I was out-voted. We were heading down to Grandma and Grandpa's house for a few days which was the perfect opportunity for Zoe. Grandma has been waiting for this day for a long time. Any opportunity to buy Zoe some jewelry is great for Grandma!

So we all headed to Fashion Island to watch Zoe get her ears done. Once she sat in the chair, the tears started and she was very scared. I had to sign all of the forms, which was no easy task since my hands were shaking.
Then it was time to make the marks with the pen...
We checked to make sure the holes were even...
Here it goes (they had 2 ladies working, so they could do it simultaneously)...
All finished, still with tears, Grandpa trying to soothe her...
Beautiful...

Afterward, we walked around to look at the decorations and get a few more pictures...


It turned out to be a nice day and a great evening!

0 comments: