Saturday, April 25, 2009

and so it begins...

Cooper jumped out of bed this morning and said, "It's Football today!" So he wakes up with pure excitement and I wake up with anxiety! Today was actually just the first day of evaluations, so it really wasn't a big deal, but being that this is new to us, I wasn't sure what to expect. So we left Zoe's soccer game halfway through and headed over. We got Cooper's number (#140) taped to his chest and off he went into the group of Jr. Mighty Mites. I was so impressed with how well he did. He stayed focused and watched the other kids so that he would know what to do in the drills. He finished with a big smile on his face and can't wait for next weekend for round #2. Somehow I don't think he'll be quite so excited when he's doing practice for 2 hours a day, 5 days a week when it is 110 degrees in August! But for now, he's a happy guy!

0 comments: