Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Girls Road Trip! (Days 3 & 4)

Day Three:
We woke up early Monday morning and grabbed a quick coffee and pastry at the Love Muffin shop next to our hotel. We weren't looking forward to the LONG day of driving ahead! We settled in, rolled the windows down, and took off. All I can say is THANK GOODNESS for satellite radio! It saved us through our whole trip! Luckily Christy and I have the same taste in music...we ventured between country, 80's, and pop...we spent A LOT of hours singing!!
Before leaving Utah we stopped for lunch at Cracker Barrel in St. George. We decided you just couldn't have a road trip without one meal at a Cracker Barrel! While waiting for our food, we played the puzzle game. The lowest amount of pegs I could get was 3! It drove us crazy! So I decided to purchase one to bring home. I just know I can figure it out..



It was time for our brief drive through Arizona. Truly not very exciting...
Time for Nevada!

Las Vegas here we are!! We were lucky enough to be staying at The Venetian. Our suite was amazing. Two queen beds with down comforters and pillows, a large sitting area, a huge bathroom, and 3 HD plasma tv's. Wish we were staying longer to enjoy it!


After a great dinner at the Grand Luxe Cafe, we took a cab to Mandalay Bay to see the musical Mamma Mia! We had so much fun and thought the show was fantastic. Thank you mom for buying us the tickets!Day Four:
We were up early to get ready to go. Before we could leave though, we had to spend one last time gambling. Christy introduced me to a new slot machine called Top Dollar and we just couldn't get enough. I couldn't go any higher than 25 cents, but still felt guilty at that. But I loved how this little game tests your greed!

I was sad to leave Vegas behind. It would have been nice to spend a few more days there to relax a little and see more shows. But we had a great time while it lasted, so we were definitely thankful for that.

Finally, back in California. I truly can't believe how fast this trip went! Although it was hard to be away from the kids, I was comforted in knowing that they were being well taken care of at Grandma and Grandpa's. I am so grateful that Christy and I were able to do this and have such a good time. I am so blessed to have such a great friend in my life! We had so much fun talking, laughing, singing...thanks, Christy, for letting me tag along!

1 comments:

Chessa K said...

Okay, the Cracker Barrel pit stop made me laugh so hard. That is the quintessential Utah restaurant! Glad you got a little bit of a break and got to go see Mamma Mia....I'm jealous! Can't wait to go to Arches myself....